IISER Pune International Summer Student Programme 2021
The Online Registration for the Programme is Not Open
Summer Programme in the time of COVID-19
We thank you for your interest in the summer programme at IISER Pune.
At the moment we are not in a position to decide if and when the summer programme will be held in this year. Please visit this page at regular intervals for updates on its status.
Wishing all of you a safe and healthy situation during this period.
IISER Pune invites applications from research oriented students to participate
in its International Summer Student Programme. Successful applicants will have an
opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty.
Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in Biology,
Chemistry, Humanities and Social Sciences, Earth and Climate Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for
students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune
(Integrated PhD and PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions located outside India.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of
B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular
stream(s) of interest.
Selecting a project for application.
- browse the
list of available projects
and identify your project of interest
Faculty not listed in the above list of
available projects WILL NOT be offering any summer projects.
Please do not contact them to ask for any projects.
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that
your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research
- Every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and
skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not
equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time.
- If you need further technical information on the project,
send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send
additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
Project duration: 4 - 8 weeks during the period May 15th –
July 15th, 2019.
Applicants must use the web-based
registration form on this page (scroll below) to apply
for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free)
room in the students' hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any
financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the
hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the
project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the
students by March 31st
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be
addressed to Naresh Sharma at
- Please do not contact, either by phone or
by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you
- If you wish to modify your application for whatever reason simply
re-register with the changed entries. We will only consider your